With the resignation of Mayor Don Williamson, let's take a look back at some of his major accomplishments over the past few years:
• The Don rewards success at Kearsley Park by canning Kay Kelly and saying goodbye to a Ruth Mott Foundation grant.
• The Don gets city workers to mow his lawn.
• The Don uses city money to create a drag strip, despite the obvious liability issues that could cost Flint a bundle.
• The Don fires a cop who dares talk to the media. Then changes his mind.
• The Don gives the state and federal government economic advice.
• The Don arrests a paper boy for delivering bad news. Lawsuit follows.
Of course, this is just a partial list. For more good deeds by The Don, check out the Williamson Watch.