Wurstside Warlord just alerted me to a post on K-12 Corner, Flint Journal education reporter Kristen Longley's new blog, that has some interesting info if you're trying to read the tea leaves and figure out the fate of Central, Southewestern and Powers High Schools. A few highlights:
1. Temporary Mayor Mike Brown says he wants Powers to stay in Flint. (Even though, as Wurstside points out, it's not actually in the city limits now. I say if the location is accessible by the Dupont Street bus, it's within the spirit of the Flint city limits. But technically it's in Mt. Morris Township, even though it has a Flint mailing address. Whew!)
2. Even though Brown wants Powers to stay, he's not sure Southwestern is the right spot for it.
3. Brown says he won't try to influence schools Superindentant Linda Thompson, even though he meets with her weekly.
4. Brown attended St. Michael's, but all five of his kids went to Central.
5. None of Brown's kids went to Southwestern.